Now more than ever, employers need tools and resources to help them navigate the new realities of the workplace. As the charitable arm of Power Transmission Distributors Association, the PTDA Foundation, through its PT WORK Force initiative, empowers employers in the power transmission/motion control (PT/MC) industry to maximize their workforce — whether in the plant, the warehouse or in a work-from-home environment—by providing programs and services to assist with recruitment and retention efforts. All the resources can be accessed, free of charge, at PTWORKForce.org.
In the past nine months, here’s how PT WORK Force has helped employers:
- Remain competitive when it comes to vying for top talent thanks to data and benchmarks provided in The Cross-Industry Compensation & Benefits Survey
- Discover tips, trends and techniques on recruitment and retention through the What’s Trending in Recruitment and Retention monthly e-newsletter.
- Stay abreast of timely information on events, resources, and engaging news relating to hiring and retention via the PTDA Foundation LinkedIn page
- Consider what’s needed to attract the next generation of employees who bring different interests and expectations to the workplace during the “Branding, Social Recruiting & Candidate Experience: What it Takes to Attract Next Generation Talent” webinar.
- Establish an efficient hiring and selection process, avoid costly hiring mistakes and improve employee satisfaction, performance and retention with the PXT Select™ assessment tool.
- Identify the right search partner to help find new talent using guidelines and questions in the Recruitment Agency Checklist.
- Solve a few of the HR challenges with advice from industry peers on the PT WORK Force blog, dedicated to delivering actionable ideas.
- Hone in on imperatives for hiring diverse talent during the webinar, “Inclusion in Action: Recruiting and Onboarding Diverse Talent,” so managers and teams understand how best to elevate everyone’s voices.
- Celebrate trailblazing women in our industry like Shawn Marken of BDI, recipient of the 2022 Wendy B. McDonald Woman of the Year Award.
- Recognize the tenacity and spirit of industry up-and-comer Hafeez Hameer of Garlock Sealing Technologies with the second annual Robert K. Callahan Future Leaders Award.
- Learn why forming relationships and alliances is critical to assist employers in combatting the challenges of today’s tight labor market during part four of the “Winning the War For Talent” six-part webinar series.
PT WORK Force has more to come, with these programs at the PTDA 2022 Industry Summit
Risha Grant, Founder & CEO of Risha Grant, LLC will emphasize how to minimize biases to attract diverse employees, markets and increase sales during the PTDA Foundation keynote “Get Rid of the BS (Bias Synapse) to Attract Diverse Employees & Markets.”
The panel discussion, “Build Your Talent Pipeline” will bring together career service directors from technical and industrial programs at colleges and universities to share best practices for engaging the future workforce before they hit the market.